Pivotcity
Welcome all newcomers to this brand new pivot animation forum this place is just getting started so lets put this place together
please be sure to tell us who you are Here when you first register thank you

You are not connected. Please login or register

Criticizing Constructively

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Criticizing Constructively on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:04 pm

TrinityFlash

TrinityFlash
Global Moderator
I'm already seeing problems of this in the "Stick Sharing" forum.. and there's only two topics.

Do I need to give a post on this? Maybe it should be added to the rules. All criticism should be fine so long as it's constructive, like
Allen Walker wrote:They're just bases with bad hair and some thicker segments for 'pants'. And a fat guy.
As far as I know, that was fully constructive. It told what the topic maker (King Dustin) what to fix. But then...
Oui Lee wrote:That's cruel of you to say. Now I know I'll never show you sticks I've made...
I've seen more intelligent, mature things said by the Kinder-gardeners I read to at school. All it did was avoid the criticism Allen showed, something that in my opinion should be against the rules. THEN...
King Dustin wrote:The fat guy is you >:-(
I'm damn near positive that was a joke. Why did the admins step in? Just wondering, because after it just became a whole mess of stuff.

Summary for those who don't want to read a lot: The forum needs support on Constructive Criticism and to send warns to people who avoid it, and the admins need to learn to step in where they're needed.

Edit: You know, maybe I should make a single topic for the suggestions I think of. Razz

View user profile http://trinityflash.com

2 Re: Criticizing Constructively on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:12 pm

L'archl

L'archl
Global Moderator
So far I am agreeing with every post TrinityFlash has made.


________________________


View user profile

3 Re: Criticizing Constructively on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:16 pm

Taken™

Taken™
Administrator
same here
we admins really do need to step in when we're needed
plus the extra rules sound good

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/TakenChoice

4 Re: Criticizing Constructively on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Oui Lee

Oui Lee
Explorer
I don't see how the thing I wrote is bad...

View user profile http://pivotcity.forumotion.com/u10

5 Re: Criticizing Constructively on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Claire

Claire
Administrator
Oui Lee wrote:I don't see how the thing I wrote is bad...
That is because you are 9.

I thought Trinity was the average TPF childish moron but I guess I was wrong, it appears somebody else appears to have common sense.

View user profile

6 Re: Criticizing Constructively on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Taken™

Taken™
Administrator
Oui Lee wrote:I don't see how the thing I wrote is bad...
your post was a bit childish and immature
you posted that you were not gonna share you stick only because you saw allen give cc to someone elses sticks

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/TakenChoice

7 Re: Criticizing Constructively on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Oui Lee

Oui Lee
Explorer
Beast wrote:
Oui Lee wrote:I don't see how the thing I wrote is bad...
your post was a bit childish and immature
you posted that you were not gonna share you stick only because you saw allen give cc to someone elses sticks


That's because he is obiously going to say it about mine too...

View user profile http://pivotcity.forumotion.com/u10

8 Re: Criticizing Constructively on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:11 pm

Taken™

Taken™
Administrator
well as the *new* rule applies he will only say something about your stick constructively

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/TakenChoice

9 Re: Criticizing Constructively on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Claire

Claire
Administrator
Oui Lee wrote:
Beast wrote:
Oui Lee wrote:I don't see how the thing I wrote is bad...
your post was a bit childish and immature
you posted that you were not gonna share you stick only because you saw allen give cc to someone elses sticks


That's because he is obiously going to say it about mine too...
Only if they suck. Why are you scared of criticism, are you scared of becoming better?

View user profile

10 Re: Criticizing Constructively on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:57 pm

Oui Lee

Oui Lee
Explorer
I want to get better by myself...

View user profile http://pivotcity.forumotion.com/u10

11 Re: Criticizing Constructively on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Taken™

Taken™
Administrator
Oui Lee wrote:I want to get better by myself...
well that really won't really go far if you don't know specifically whats wrong
without cc you won't know what everyone else sees and you will bare;y improve

not to be rude to you but i'm just proving a point

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/TakenChoice

12 Re: Criticizing Constructively on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:02 pm

Oui Lee

Oui Lee
Explorer
Beast wrote:
Oui Lee wrote:I want to get better by myself...
well that really won't really go far if you don't know specifically whats wrong
without cc you won't know what everyone else sees and you will bare;y improve

not to be rude to you but i'm just proving a point

I want to create myself, and not let people create me.

View user profile http://pivotcity.forumotion.com/u10

13 Re: Criticizing Constructively on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:10 pm

Codec

Codec
Administrator
Oui Lee wrote:
Beast wrote:
Oui Lee wrote:I want to get better by myself...
well that really won't really go far if you don't know specifically whats wrong
without cc you won't know what everyone else sees and you will bare;y improve

not to be rude to you but i'm just proving a point

I want to create myself, and not let people create me.
Boy, who taught you how to write? Who taught you how to walk? Who taught you how to work on the computer? Other People. You won't improve without help.

Anyways about what was said before:
I'm not on when all this is happening. I remember seeing that thread and all of that was already said :L

View user profile http://www.thepivotforum.com

14 Re: Criticizing Constructively on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:36 pm

Oui Lee

Oui Lee
Explorer
"Who taught you how to work on the computer?" I just started to do things on my computer, I have allways been around people who don't know a shit about computers. "who taught you how to write?" did you try to offend my English? "Who taught you how to walk?" I guess nobody really did, i kind of just witnessed people do it.

View user profile http://pivotcity.forumotion.com/u10

15 Re: Criticizing Constructively on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:10 pm

TrinityFlash

TrinityFlash
Global Moderator
Oui Lee wrote:"Who taught you how to work on the computer?" I just started to do things on my computer, I have allways been around people who don't know a shit about computers. "who taught you how to write?" did you try to offend my English? "Who taught you how to walk?" I guess nobody really did, i kind of just witnessed people do it.
Nobody tried to offend your English, don't be a mental breakdown waiting to happen.
His point is that you can't get through your life without help. Say, you fall off a steep cliff, both legs are broken and you're too hurt to crawl. You're not far from a busy road, yet they can't see you. What do you do? Sit there and die, or get help?

Constructive Criticism helps you get better in all sorts of things, without it you'll never improve. You'll always stay low-ranked, and, quite bluntly and in this case, your animations will never change sections. Now, suck up your damn stupid pride and accept the criticism people give you before a bigger fuss is made.
Sure, it's okay to have excuses. But if you have an excuse to every single thing said, it's evading the criticism and (I think) is now against the rules.

View user profile http://trinityflash.com

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum